Friday, May 4, 2012

Ruby Rock-it NSD Blog Hop - Bowling Fun!


The Ruby Rock-it team are each highlighting the new Bella! vellum along with some of their favorite Ruby Rock-it products.  Hop along with us, and leave comments as you go - there's a prize up for grabs and you don't want to miss out!

This is my project today.  My very favorite Ruby Rock-it product?  It's the paper.  I'm all about the paper when it comes to scrapping - I like to use lots of it on a single page.  I love the quality of Ruby Rock-it paper - it's thick enough to tolerate my rough treatment. ;)   My two favorite collections are Vintedge (released in January) and this one, Le Jardin (from last year):


I'll admit, I wasn't sure what I would think of the vellum, as I had never used it before, but I'm very pleased with how easily it can be used as a layering element. (Layers make me happy)


It punches easily too, which is a bonus.



Here is the order for the hop, just in case you get lost along the way, or are jumping in starting from here.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and May the 4th be with you.  (Beware the revenge of the 5th)

Supplies:
- Le Jardin 12x12 cardstock  Grove
- Le Jardin 12x12 cardstock - Arbour
- Le Jardin 12x12 cardstock - Bloom
- Le Jardin 12x12 cardstock - Balmy
- Le Jardin 12x12 cardstock - Vista
- Le Jardin rub-ons
- Bella! Bling borderlines clear
- Bella! Bling crowns clear
- Fundamentals Vellum - Circles
- Fundamentals Sparkle chipboard alphabet white

25 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute, JJ! I love the crown!

erin said...

what a fun series to capture!!!

Unknown said...

Just fabulous!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooo fun JJ! I loveeeeeee the photos, the layers and loving the butterflies!

Patricia said...

Thanks for sharing your project- love it!

Gine said...

Totally awesome, Love the crown !!!!!

SandiB said...

Beautiful layout and love the butterflies.

ScrapNSister1 said...

Love all the layering and using vellum its not bulky. :)

Kate Vickers said...

Great layout, JJ! I love it. :)

Rosalee said...

Love this layout JJ, especially the different papers. So Beautiful!!!
Hugs, Rosalee

Sandy Ang said...

the vellum effect is really cool

Amy Martin said...

Gorgeous layout. I love the paper too. and all the details you did. Wonderful job.

RobinV said...

I have never used Vellum either but I love the look. I will have to give it a shot.

Thanks for the inspiration
RobinV

ajmaluck said...

Beautiful layout - Thanks for the inspiration.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Lovey layout. TFS

Unknown said...

Very feminine- love the distressing!

Anonymous said...

Love the butterflies

CJ said...

Lovely layout. The butterflies are my favourite

butterfly843 said...

Love the colors of your layout!

Debbie Buckland said...

Le jardin is so awesome. We can still get hold of it here in NZ. I also love love love the Vintedge.

I love how you layered and mixed the ranges together.

Dale Tiernan said...

Awfully pretty layout.

Beatrice Lawson said...

Love your punched vellum butterflies!

Beachstudio said...

Very cool layouts! I love how you layered your paper!

Beck Beattie said...

Hey JJ, thanks for the comment left on my blog as part of the The Scrapbook Kitchen NSD blog hop. It is much appreciated and I will be drawing the winner later today along with a pic of what the winner has won.

If you were looking for the follow me button (it seemed to have disappeared) I have re-added it so those that want to can keep up with what I am up to. I'm not a post every day person, but I do post regularly.

Thanks again for taking the time to visit my blog xxx

Tanyah Payne said...

Love the colours of this range! and your butterflies are very cute :)