Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"Mountaineers" - scrapbook page with Pan Pastels and Helmar


Hi Everyone.  This is my first project for Helmar Adhesives.  (Visit their blog - my team mates floor me with their ideas).

I used Pan Pastels to add colour to the background.  Because I was adding multiple layers of colour, that I didn't want to mix, I needed to spray a workable fixative between layers.  Crystal Kote Fixative to the rescue.  I've been disappointed with the results from a competitor - so I was very pleased with the Helmar product - it didn't affect the colour or transparency of the pastels.  Helmar FTW!

I glued down the metal gears with 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, and used Acid Free Glue for everything else.


This is my new favorite thing: splats made with Ranger Distress Stain.  This makes me furiously happy.


My mountaineers played hooky from school to climb Mt. St-Hilaire together.  Who am I to argue? (Dude - they were going to make the kids run laps around a soccer field for most of the day - believe me, he wasn't missing much at school).


Adhesives by Helmar:
Crystal Kote Fixative
Acid Free Glue
450 Quick Dry Adhesive

Other Supplies:
PP - My Mind's Eye
stencils - The Crafters Workshop
Pan Pastels - Pan Pastels (this redundancy is redundant)
journal tag - Maya Road
letters - American Crafts
gears, washers - Tim Holtz
Distress Stain - Ranger
marker - Faber-Castell

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS! LOVING the photos and love love love all the clouds!!!!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Love the stain splats. I am so stealing that! ;-) Gorgeous layout and great showcase of Helmar products.

Gine said...

So awesome..... LOVE the splashes too
The background is fabulous

Melissa Bi. said...

Funky! Love the chevron stencilled over the clouds.

Monique said...

Love those Splats!! Gotta try that!

misty said...

Great page! I love the splashes of color!