Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Nap Time?" - Love My Tapes, printed kraft & washi tape on chipboard


Hi everyone - sharing another layout featuring Love My Tapes washi tapes. 

Little strips of washi tape make a fun border or mat for a photo, and they stuck quite well over the gesso and distress stains (I had my doubts...)


Do you still have gobs of raw chipboard in your stash like I do?   Larger shapes are super easy to cover with washi tape, giving them a whole new look.  Just peel & stick, and wrap the tape around the edges.  It has a little bit of flexibility, making this a simple job without the hassle of smoothing out a ton of wrinkles:


I really love pairing tapes with mixed media supplies.


How long have I had those chipboard paw prints and these letters?  Yikes - glad they are seeing some use though.  ;)



Thanks for visiting!

Supplies (Love My Tapes):
red argyle washi tape (#905)
black loop washi tape (#916)
blue chevron washi tape

Other Supplies:
PP - My Mind's Eye
chipboard - Basic Grey (letters, bracket), Cosmo Cricket (paw prints)
resist canvas - Prima Marketing
gesso - Liquitex
spray (green) - Dylusions by Ranger
Distress Stains - Ranger
marker - Faber-Castell

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

love the layout...great idea using the washi on the chippies!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So fun! LOVING all the paint and the paw prints!!

Kathy Martin said...

I never thought of using washi on chipboard! I'll have to give that a try sometime! :)

Cindy Gay said...

Oh that's sweet.