Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Put a Pig on it - birthday card with Green Tara


I made this card to show one of the fun ways you can use the Petals flowers from Green Tara.  (I chose this particular paper pretty much to prove a point to a friend who had expressed her doubt in the usefulness of said paper - right after my daughter insisted I needed to buy it. Ha!)


These flowers started out white, but I wanted them to match my paper, so I tinted them with glimmer mist, and voilà - easy customization.  I then cut them in half, and tucked them under the edge of the ribbon, for a flowery border. 


Oh my goodness - these new crinkle organza ribbons are so pretty, and I'm delighted with this particular shade - it's a perfect match for some of the aquas in current paper collections.


Supplies (Green Tara):
flowers - mixed petals, White (P22Wh)
ribbon - 38mm Crinkle Satin Edged Organza Aqua (RBCrAq)

Other Supplies:
PP - Graphic 45
letters - Authentique
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels
ink - Ingvild Bolm signature chalk ink

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!!! I love that you bought that G45 paper to prove a point! I would do the same thing!! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!!! Those flowers look great on there!!

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm... tentative "like" JJ, since the flying pig thing still rattles my cage.....



Ursula