Friday, August 12, 2011

Poser - Love My Tapes


Hi there everyone. I think I neglected to mention that I've joined the design team over at Love My Tapes. This is my first project for them - I hope you'll go check them out, they make some pretty cool tapes - fabric, lace, clear - all of it self-adhesive.

Have you ever tried using fabric tape for more than just a small accent? It's so pretty, it deserves a bit of the spotlight, I think - so I used the Brooke fabric tape to create a border around part of my layout.


I used some of the dark pink lace tape as a border strip. I love these lace tapes - so much easier to adhere than regular lace - no messing with adhesive that will show through.


The pink 'reptile' fabric sheets have such great texture:


I die-cut a flourish from the fuchsia suede fabric sheet for a pop of colour. The fabric sheets die-cut beautifully with the deep sizzix dies.


I cut wobbly circles from the brown dot/floral fabric, and roughly sewed around them, for a little contrast. The background paper is from Hambly Screenprints. I took advantage of the resist effect with the white print, and spritzed with glimmer mists.


And of course, the story:


Supplies (Love My Tapes):
fabric tape - Brooke
lace tape - dark pink lace
fabric sheets (pink reptile, fuchsia suede, brown dot/floral)

Other Supplies:
PP - Hambly Screenprints, Lily Bee, 7 gypsies
letters - American Crafts
flowers - Prima Marketing
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels (Apple, Caribbean Blue, Popsicle)
acrylic ink - liquitex
pen - Uniball Signo
other - sewing thread, buttons


No comments: