Monday, August 29, 2011

Mini-go for 2


Today I wanted to share a layout I made for Love My Tapes. The larger striped red, white & blue piece is one of the fabric sheets (FS019). I lightly frayed the edges for a little texture. It wasn't actually easy to fray - the adhesive on these sheets really keeps everything together.

Of course, an easy way to use the tapes is as a simple border strip. I added small circles die-cut from the fabric sheet.


For the green layer I wanted more than just a little strip, so lined up several pieces of the Jane green polka-dot fabric tape to make it look like a larger piece of fabric. The blue stripe fabric tape (FT020) and 12mm pink lace tape were quick ways to bring in a little more of the colours in the photo. I'm particularly enamored with the lace tapes - I find myself reaching for them for most of my layouts lately.


For the circular piece here, I placed 3 strips of fabric tape on a piece of cardstock, then put it through my die cut machine.


Thanks for visiting!

Supplies (Love My Tapes):
Red, white & blue fabric sheet (FS019)
Jane green polka-dot fabric tape
blue stripe fabric tape (FT020)
12mm pink lace tap

Other Supplies:
CS - Bazzill
PP - Karen Foster (beige harlequin pattern)
stencil - The Crafter's Workshop
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels (Olive Vine)
stamp - Tattered Angels (Architectural Trims)
letters - Basic Grey
brads - Making Memories, Queen & Company
ink - StazOn
marker - Faber-Castell PITT pen
other - buttons

No comments: