Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Paint what's in front of you

I read somewhere, if you want to practice drawing or painting, start with what's in front of you. Can you guess where this is?


Still playing in my art journals, and trying things with watercolours (this is my small Strathmore Visual journal 3.5"x5"). I haven't quite got the hang of photographing watercolour though (open to some tips here - it tends to get washed out).

Supplies:
journal - Strathmore Watercolour Visual Journal
watercolour crayons - Caran d'Ache Neocolor II

2 comments:

redmom said...

Oh I am loving this little painting, the colors are great and your tiled floor is fabulous!!!

Sorry I don't have any tips for photographing watercolor paintings. But I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

Amanda Winchester said...

Wow, amazing job! I would be awful at that, lol.