Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Archiantologists - Tattered Angels


For this Tattered Angels layout I wanted to talk about how you can customize printed papers. You can mist on any paper in your stash – it doesn’t have to be something made specifically for mists – anything is fair game. My background paper started as a simple b&w dictionary print by Echo Park. I added glimmer mist in Frost, dragged the edges through Slate, and stenciled with Tattered Leather and Dark Denim, giving a whole new look to the paper.

I misted Lucky glimmer mist on a white-printed kraft paper (the white resisted the mist), and Santa Baby on the leopard print kraft cardstock from Canvas Corp. The originally-white zebra print (also Canvas Corp) received a coating of Silver Sugar glimmer mist. This is a great way to customize b&w papers, and can also give new life to your scraps.


The grungeboard stars were misted with Santa Baby, and the grungeboard letters were misted with Frost. I somehow ended up with a sizeable stash of grungeboard, so I was very happy to see how well it works with Glimmer mist. The shimmer kind of rests on the surface giving a great effect.


Corrugated cardboard (now available from a number of companies in acid-free) takes mists so well, it’s tempting to use it on every page. This was misted with Tattered Leather.


I just realized I forgot to take a close up of the journaling. The story behind this title is my son's mash-up of the words 'paleontologist' and 'archeologist'. He asked me if I knew that the dinosaurs were discovered by 'archiantologists'. :)

Supplies (Tattered Angels);
Glimmer Mist - Frost, Slate, Dark Denim, Lucky, Santa Baby, Silver Sugar, Tattered Leather,

Other Supplies:
PP - Echo Park, Canvas Corp, Jillibean Soup
corrugated cardboard - Creative Imaginations
grungeboard - Tim Holtz
stencils - The Crafter's Workshop, $ store (letters)
marker - Faber-Castell PITT pen
other - staples, paper-wrapped wire

2 comments:

Emily D. said...

I love the grunge feel of this layout!!! Totally rocks!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Fun layout, JJ! :)