Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baby - Pink Paislee 'Mist-ables'


Continuing on with the Mist-able theme, I of course had to get my hands on some of the new Pink Paislee Mist-ables collection - designed to work with Tattered Angels mists, and it does so beautifully. They said this thicker stock was designed to take all the mists without buckling like many papers can - I admit, I was a little skeptical, because I don't hold back on the mists. I have to say - this collection performed as promised. I was delighted with how well it accepted so much liquid, and stayed flat when I was done. (I used Cadillac Pink, Frost, and Silver Bells on the background). I will be using this more, that's for sure - there are 6 great resist patterns, and I love them all.


The chipboard letters have a resist as well. It's subtle here, because I used a light-coloured mist (Silver Bells - sorry, this is a very old Limited Edition colour. I will be sad when I finish this bottle). The paper doily is one of those ultra thin ones from the dollar store, but you can still load on the mist. Spray on your colour as desired, blot lightly, and let it dry on your misting mat so that it doesn't tear. You'll be good to go. (I used Frost glimmer mist)


Some white Prima flowers got misted with Cadillac Pink glimmer mist, and the edges dipped in Black Cherry glimmer mist. They all got a dose of Chandelier Glimmer Glam in the centre as well (the pale pink flower got the glam as the first layer, which acted as a resist). The lace is one of the self-adhesive lace tapes from Love My Tapes. I love how well this tape works - I want to use it on everything lately!


For the chipboard shape, I misted with Cadillac Pink, then painted over with Chandelier Glimmer Glam for a little more sparkle. You can also see the ruffled trims here. The Silver was misted with Silver Bells glimmer mist, and the blue was misted with Teal High Heel Chalkboard mist.


I used one of the die-cut resist tags for my journaling. I spritzed it with Cadillac Pink glimmer mist then dragged the edges through Black Cherry mist for darker edges.


Supplies:
PP, tag, ruffled trim, chipboard letters - Pink Paislee
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels (Frost, Silver Bells, Cadillac Pink, Black Cherry)
Chalkboard mist - Tattered Angels (Teal High Heel)
Glimmer Glam - Tattered Angels (Chandelier)
chipboard dress form, large pin - Maya Road
pearl head pins - Jenni Bowlin
lace trim - Love My Tapes
flowers - Prima Marketing
marker - Faber-Castell PITT pen
other - doily ($ store)

1 comment:

Rita Barakat said...

Gorgeous lo! And I just bought those papers!!!! Cant wait to se them!