Sunday, August 28, 2011

Halloween at Christmas Park


Have you checked out this week's sketch over at Let's Capture These Sketches? You don't want to miss what the rest of the team has created.

I've been wanting to play with this new halloween line from Authentique, so I was happy to realize it would work with these pictures of my son at his dress-up day at school. His costume is red, so I didn't have a lot of halloween papers that looked right. Some of the oranges in this collection are very deep and rich, so they worked well for my pictures.

I did a lot of distressing on this page, and machine sewing.


Can you believe these cute little bats came from the dollar store? I wonder if they will have more this year (I've now used of the last of the packge I bought a few years a go).


I love all the little die-cuts from Authentique, especially the quotes that you don't see everywhere else. The felt swirls are from Queen & Company.


The black lace is from Love My Tapes.


Supplies:
PP, die cuts, letters - Authentique
lace - Love My Tapes
felt - Queen & Co (swirls), $ store (bats)
brads - Making Memories
pen - Uniball Signo

2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Very neat page. The blocks of spider web paper really draw you in!

Emily D. said...

Great layout... I love Halloween!!