Monday, November 1, 2010

Princess - Scrap Attack Scrapbooking


I created another sketch for Scrap Attack Scrapbooking this month - hope you will come join us, and show us your take on it. It's been so cool to see how people are interpreting it!


I started the page with Bazzill glazed cardstock, and added Chalkboard Glimmer Mist to the whole sheet. I let it sink in a bit, then wiped it off the glazed areas. The designs really pop now, because the glaze acts as a resist to the mist. If you've never tried the glazed cardstock - get some, and go nuts with your mists - you will love the effect!


I added tons of Distress Stickles to this page, around all the edges of the papers. After this kit, I think I might actually need a new bottle of "Picket Fence"! I went a little nuts, but it's simply a perfect pairing for winter and / or Christmas pages.


I don't think I would have bought these pink flower centres on my own, but I love they way they look on these holiday pages! That's one of the coolest side-effects of design team work - you get to try stuff you wouldn't have tried on your own, and end up finding new favorites.


I tried again to get a good photo of these metallic Thickers. They really are a wonderfully kitsch-y style to add to Christmas pages, and I mean that in a good way.


More of the phrase stickers from Crate Paper:


The story behind the photos, and a close-up of the ribbon. It's hard to see here, but it has a slight shimmer to the white design.


Supplies (available here from Scrap Attack Scrapbooking):
CS - Bazzill
PP - Crate Paper, Echo Park
letters - American Crafts
chipboard, stickers - Crate Paper
bling flower centres - Prima Marketing
ribbon - Adornit
chalkboard glimmer mist - Tattered Angels

Other Supplies:
distress stickles - Ranger
marker - Sakura Identi-pen

3 comments:

laterg8r said...

so pretty and love how many techniques you used to make it sparkle :D

Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

Thanks for showing us about the resist, it never dawned on me. Love it!

Barbara said...

what a gorgeous layout and great sketch. I'm going to save that one to my inspiration file.