Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Got Milk?


This is the third of my November projects for Tattered Angels, again featuring wood. (That's not a shadow in the top right corner - it really is darker there...).

I actually embossed this piece of wood laminate, with my Big Shot. I'm quite happy with the results, although I'm wondering if it would have been better to dampen it first - there was some cracking. Afterward, I coated it with Chalkboard mist, and dry brushed a little Glimmer Mist over the raised portions.


This butterfly was punched from the wood, then painted with Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glaze - I love these products on the wood, and I will absolutely use this technique again.


The wood flourishes are from Kaisercraft and I painted them with more of the Glimmer Glam. The flowers were die-cut from the wood laminate, and spritzed with Glimmer Mist (same for the cork).



The lace and the letters were both coloured with Glimmer Mist in "Chocolate Covered Cherries". Funny how the lace and the letters look so different!


Supplies (Tattered Angels):
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Rose, Cherry Blossom, Old Lace, Chocolate Covered Cherries, Sweet Clover. Lemongrass, Popsicle
Chalkboard Mist - Strawberry Shortcake, Cotton Candy
Glimmer Glaze - Sugarcane
Glimmer Glam - Dirty Martini
Glimmer Screens - Fanciful Stencils, Vintage Seasons Timeless Romance
Stamps - Rockin' Renaissance Tattered Textures

Other Supplies:
CS - Bazzill
wood - Creative Imaginations, Kaisercraft
letters - Heidi Swapp
ink - StazOn
pen - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner
other - brads, vintage book page, cork

1 comment:

Pearl Maple said...

Cute page, love your choice of colors and trims