Thursday, August 6, 2009

He Makes Her Laugh


Here's my next layout that I did with the August kit from Crazy Daisy Kits. I really wanted to try something different with the wonderful die cut paper from Crate, so I cut it in two, and arranged it as shown on the background paper. Then I stitched between the two pieces.

I used the Pink Paisley chipboard shape for my title, and added some buttons and a couple flowers from my stash. I also used one of the phrase stickers as part of my title. I wanted to rough up the chipboard a little, so I sanded the edges and added StazOn ink.


I loved this suede flower from Maya Road. Such great texture. After I adhered it to my layout, I realized there wasn't enough contrast, so I added some chocolate brown flowers around the edge.


I added a few of the Pink Paisley rub-ons around the journaling, to draw a little more attention to the strips. I took this picture back in December. Even then, at only 4 months old, Rhys found Liam to be very funny. He still makes her laugh, and I love the sound!


Supplies (from kit):
PP - Jenni Bowlin, Crate, My Mind's Eye
chipboard shape, rub-ons - Pink Paisley
phrase sticker - Heidi Swapp
suede flower - Maya Road
buttons - Button Galore

Other Supplies:
letter stickers - Pink Paisley
paper flowers - Prima, Bazzill
floss - DMC
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner
ink - Ranger, StazOn

1 comment:

Claude said...

Very nice!
You are the queen of detail!