Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bottoms Up!


This is my first layout with the August kit from Crazy Daisy Kits. The previous months' kits have all sold out, so if you love the kit, get it before it's too late.

I love how well the Basic Grey and Pink Paisley lines coordinated in this kit. Like they were made for each other. I did a lot of layering and inking on this page. There was a title card from My Mind's Eye in the kit, and I really liked how it looked behind part of the layers. I didn't want to hide the entire card though, so I just cut off and used the ends. (I'm sneaky that way).


I traced around the felt letters with a marker to make them pop a little more. I also added a few items to the top corner, to balance the layout.


I had the coordinating Pink Paisley journal spot in my stash, so I used it here. I distressed the edges to make it work better with the layout.


Supplies (from kit):
PP - Basic Grey, Pink Paisley
die cut card - My Mind's Eye
felt letters - American Crafts Thickers
rub-ons - Pink Paisley
buttons - Basic Grey, Buttons Galore

Other Supplies:
journal spot - Pink Paisley
ink - Ranger, StazOn
markers - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner, American Crafts Slick Writer

4 comments:

Karin said...

Hi JJ, I looked at everything on our blog because I love your style. Congratulations on joining the Creative Scrappers Design Team. I am following your blog because I know your work will inspire me. Karin

Jewels14 said...

Awesome LO JJ! :)
I love the colours and the layered PP's...those pics are priceless! lol.

Claude said...

Why wasn't I at Chapters with you?
No car I bet! :)
Love the layout, he's so funny!

Marielle said...

Love this JJ ,great layering and color and those photos are too cute! :)