Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mothers Day 2010 - Scrap Attack Scrapbooking


This layout was supposed to be posted next week. And the post was supposed to be about scrapbooking. But I'm posting it now, and it's not about the layout. It's about the photo, and the people in it, and taking photos, and insisting even when they don't want you to.

My in-laws are not young. I know there's a good chance my kids won't remember them when they are older. A couple of years ago I started insisting on taking photos on Mothers Day and Fathers Day (because I had an 'excuse'). A photo of Mother and Son (and also one of me and my kids) on Mothers Day. A photo of Father and Son (and that son with his own kids) on Fathers Day. Mother-in-law (almost as camera shy as I am) wasn't keen on it, but she played along.

More than 20 years ago, my Mother-in-law won her first battle with breast cancer. Today, breast cancer won round two.

I'm glad I insisted on this taking this photo.






Supplies (available here at Scrap Attack Scrapbooking):
CS - Bazzill
PP - Fancy Pants, Chatterbox
flocked transparency, ribbon - Fancy Pants
chipboard letters - American Crafts
kraft doilies, resin flowers - Maya Road
paper flowers - Prima Marketing

Other Supplies:
ink - Ranger, StazOn
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner

9 comments:

Melissa Bi. said...

I am so sorry for your loss JJ. The photo is beautiful and the detailing on your page is absolutely stunning.

Tina said...

JJ I am so sorry for your loss and insisting on photos is so important. We never know when we get another chance.
I love everything about this page. The details, colors, papers and photo are awesome!

Samantha said...

Hugs to you and your family.

Cheryl said...

This is why we scrapbook. The photos and the stories. Huge hugs to you and your family.

Fleursbydesign said...

Sorry for your loss JJ - the layout is beautiful!

Barbara said...

That layout is just gorgeous to look at, but more importantly it's what scrapbooking is all about.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

I'm sorry about your loss JJ! So happy you managed to capture this precious memory! Hugs to you and your family!

Shirley said...

JJ I am so sorry for you loss! (((HUGS))) to you and your family.

Glenda T. said...

I can't imagine how you must feel, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. That layout is such a beautiful and lovely tribute and I think I need to start insisting more myself because these things are so important.