Thursday, January 20, 2011

Canvas Covered Art Journal


This month for Tattered Angels we were asked to focus on canvas. For my first canvas project I decided to cover my art journal and make it a little more enticing than the original chipboard cover. I sprayed several canvas strips with Glimmer Mist, in the new spring colours ( Marmalade, Sun Sisters, Bahama Blue, Trunk Bay, Rum Punch), using screens from the Fanciful Stencils set. I sewed them together and covered the journal.

Then it was time to embellish with die-cut pieces of canvas painted in Glimmer Glam (Organic-Garden, Dirty Martini), and canvas flowers also painted with Glimmer Glam (Chandelier) then spritzed with Glimmer Mist (Puerto Rico).


These rolled flowers started out as strips of canvas, sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Rum Punch , Puerto Rico, Trunk Bay). The rolled stems and leaves were painted with Glimmer Glam (Organic-Garden, Dirty Martini). I love how you can still see the sparkle, even on canvas.


The ruffle was painted in the same 2 shades of Glimmer Glam, and then I added Glimmer Mist (Sweet Clover) for an additional shade.


Tattered Angels products:
Glimmer Mist - Marmalade, Sun Sisters, Bahama Blue, Trunk Bay, Rum Punch
Glimmer Glam - Organic Garden, Dirty Martini, Chandelier
Glimmer Screens - Fanciful Stencils

Other Supplies:
brads - Making Memories
other - canvas, thread

3 comments:

Peg said...

Gorgeous JJ!

Mellisa said...

Gorgeous. I have mine covered with canvas, painted and glimmer misted ... but nothing else yet. Yours has inspired me. Great job.

Connie's Place said...

I love how your page turned out!!!!
Beautiful, diggin the color too :)