Friday, August 6, 2010

Sunset Over Northumberland


I love the ocean and even though I haven't lived near it for 15 years, I still miss it deeply. There's nothing like watching the sun set over the water. This is my third layout using the August kit from Snobby Walrus Paper Crafts. Such a great mix of papers in this kit. Even though I chose to focus on summer photos, this kit could be very well suited to Autumn pictures as well.

Once again, I tinted one of the Prima flowers with "Dragonfly" glimmermist. This time I started with a green flower, so it turned out differently from the one on the last layout. It worked well though - I like the final colour quite a lot. I spritzed the background paper too. I smudged a bit of distress ink on all the flowers this time, to muddy them up a little. (They looked too perfect on this page, after all the other inking I did).


I like using tickets like this - you get a little pop of another colour, and you can make them go twice as far, because you can cut them in half.


The tickets also make a good journaling tag, if you don't have a lot of text.


When it comes to Webster's Pages, don't be too quick to toss your scraps in the recycle bin. There are so many little images that can be fussy cut and used as embellishments.


Supplies (from Snobby Walrus August kit):
PP - 7 gypsies, Graphic 45, Fancy Pants, Webster's Pages
letters - American Crafts
flowers - Prima Marketing
twine - May Arts
other - tickets

Other Supplies:
mini-letters - Adornit
dew drops - Stamping Bella
mist - Tattered Angels (Dragonfly)
ink - Ranger
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner
other - staples

3 comments:

Tina said...

Gorgeous layering and distressing! Your photo is awesome! :D

jillybean66 said...

Love what you have done with the kit this month JJ, you have inspired me to give it a try...just ordered a kit and some add-ons...you rocked it!

Joyce Ann said...

You have done beautifully - the doll, the scrapbook layouts! Amazing work - love it all.

Hugs, JoyceAnn
http://kaleidoscopeimpressions.wordpress.com/