Friday, June 25, 2010

Water Art


I did this layout for a challenge over at Scrap Attack Scrapbooking. This particular challenge involved stepping outside of your normal style. Since my style is 'usually' shabby, I was supposed to do 'Anything Goes' aka 'Freestyle'.

I addition to using a mask (Tattered Angels Glimmer Screens) for the Glimmer mist, I also used it with texture medium to get this very dimensional look below the photo. The Liquitex texture medium is great to work with because once it's dry, it's still a little flexible, meaning that it won't crack and fall off your page.


I added a little more texture medium in the top corner, along with some of the wire mesh and washi tape. To get the dark black ink splats I used alcohol ink, and just dropped it on my page from about 2 feet up.


Did a little doodling with a Uniball Signo pen - this time in black. These pens are so opaque; I've not found anything like them.


Yup - another shrink plastic gear. I love gears on boy pages.


I don't know if I achieved 'Freestyle', but I sure had fun playing with all these messy things!

Supplies:
CS - Bazzill
PP, letters - Rose Moka
glimmer mist, mask - Tattered Angels
texture medium - Liquitex "Stucco"
pins - Maya Road, Making Memories
alcohol ink - Ranger
washi tape - 7 gypsies
rain dots - Stamping Bella
buttons - Boutique Kimmieprout
game spinners - Tim Holtz
other - staples, wire mesh, shrink plastic, brads, paper-wrapped wire
pen - Uniball Signo

6 comments:

Erin Morehouse said...

wow- love it!

Keri said...

Love it, girl, especially the texture-masking, the cool shrink plastic gear, and the dropped alcohol ink...looks awesome!

Em said...

WOW!! This is AWESOME JJ!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

I think you totally achieved freestyle! I love this!!!

Kimmie said...

You did such a great job! It's really difficult going out of your comfort zone when it comes to scrapping, but you it up! :o)

Suzanne Bouchard said...

Great page! I love all the texture effects and the shrink gear and the spray paint and the wire mesh! Love that page. very inspiring.