Saturday, October 15, 2011

Just Give Us the Candy, and No One Gets Hurt - Sketchabilities


Oh my word - don't they just look like trouble? :) This is my first layout for Sketchabilities challenge blog - I do hope you'll hop on over and see what the rest of the team has created. Such a variety in styles, it's fun to see all the interpretations on the sketch!

Here is the sketch, I hope you find a chance to play along - be sure to link up your page to Sketchabilities, we would love to see your take on it.


I've been itching to use this tree mask for a while, so I took the opportunity, and some glimmer mist and went for it.


Some yummy black bling from Zva Creative. I love that they make bling in colours that work for pages that aren't 'girly-girl'.

I got to dig into some flower colours I don't use very often - black and brown. I love the look for a hallowe'en page!

My title was most of my journaling on this one - pretty much sums it up (of course, I added names and the date to finish giving the context). I like mixing small letters with larger ones - it allows me to use longer titles without taking up half the page.


Supplies:
PP - Kaisercraft
letters - Basic Grey (small), My Mind's Eye (chipboard)
flowers, black ivy - Prima Marketing
crystals - Zva Creative (flourishes), Prima Marketing (branches)
leaves - Viva crafts
brads - My Mind's Eye (large), Queen & Company (tiny)
mask - The Crafters Workshop
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels (Cinder, Haunted Shadows)
pen - Uniball Signo

18 comments:

Sheila said...

Love it! Such a funny title for such little cuties! Love the mask and how you incorporated the black flowers...awesome first reveal!

Di Garling said...

Fabulous layout JJ & I am still laughing at that "title". Love it all. Cheers Di xx
PS Have you got your package yet, I know Alison sent it last week I think?

Kay said...

This one just makes me smile! The title brought back loads of memories of my very own trick or treating days. Awesome job with the misting & the tree mask! It worked just right with the theme of this page. Super cool job & fabulous first reveal!

Karan said...

love how you used that mask, simply fab! and those photos, lol, yeah do look like trouble! :)

vavietipoun said...

very nice !

Margrethe said...

Such a cute layout - I love the titlework!

Camila Borssoi said...

What a cute helloween layout!

Tessa said...

Oooh that picture is sooo cute, love the title and love the background and details: I love the whole Layout: stunnin!!

xx Tessa

Cindy Gay said...

Love the masked tree and that title!

Regina Castillo said...

Lovely, lovely take, JJ. All the elements went well together and the misting is to die for. :D

Leanne said...

Wow! I adore the misting! Love it..x

Michelle said...

What a goegeous LO! They are adorable! I love that sketch!

Maya said...

Fabulous layout! Love the title and the misting! Great sketch also. I may give it a try!

Umenorskan said...

Cool pictures and great layout.

Helen Tilbury said...

Great page - love all the details and that mask is fabulous!

L. Akins said...

I LOVE your masked background. And the title is adorable with the Halloween photos.

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Great layout! I love the tree mask, so perfect with this page.

heirloomscrapping said...

Fabulous love your take on the sketch