Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baby's First Christmas



When I saw these new papers from Harmonie, I couldn't wait to play with them. I made my own flowers from the paper scraps, using die cuts and punches, and just scrunching them. There are a lot of great tutorials on-line for these, but you basically just scrunch up the paper after you punch it. It's a great way to use up scraps.


This laser-cut chipboard shape is also from Harmonie. I painted it with glimmer mist, using a paint brush so that I could control the placement of the three colours. I added clear embossing powder to the ornaments and took the heat gun to it. It creates an interesting effect when you emboss using glimmer mist instead of ink.


Another shot of the smaller flowers.


Supplies:
PP, chipboard - Harmonie
letter - Prima Marketing
dew drops - Stamping Bella
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels
ink - Ranger
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner
other - clear embossing powder

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I really love what you did with the chipboard ornaments. I've been admiring those everytime I see them but didn't know what to do with it. Now I know.