Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Smarty Pants


Today is reveal day at Scrapbook Star. This month's kit features products from Nikki Sivils. If you like the kit, get thee over to Scrapbook Star - they have a habit of selling out very fast.

This is my first layout with the September kit. Remember me telling this story? Of course, I needed to scrap it.


I cut out the shapes on the tag and pop-dotted them for dimension, then I inked and distressed the edges of the tag. I added a few stars from the letter sticker sheet as well.


The kit included tickets from Jenni Bowlin. I like tucking them under the edges of things, so I cut them in half. It's like getting twice as many tickets that way! I used a few more of the stickers here, too.


I pleated and stapled the grosgrain ribbon for a textured border. I like the look this gives on 'boy' pages.



Supplies (from kit):
PP, scallop paper, journal tag - Nikki Sivils
cs - Bazzill
tickets, letter stickers - Jenni Bowlin
ribbon - May Arts
stickers - from Jillibean Soup letter sheet
ink - Tsukineko

Other:
ink - Ranger
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner
staples

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I followed a link here from scrapbook star (I'm a newbiew there - Lucia) I just wanted to say that I adore your style. You do wonderful work.

Melissa Mann said...

very cute!! I like it!

Stephanie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA Too Funny! Love it!