Monday, September 21, 2009

Road Trip mini-album (part 1)


The September kit at Crazy Daisy Kits included an awesome 8x8 mini-album. (Is 8x8 still considered mini?). There was a nice variety of pages in the album - it has the typical types of pages, but also has envelope pages and transparent pages - fun to work with! I covered the front of the album with one of the gorgeous 7 gypsies papers from the kit.

I decided it would be fun to use the album to document our trip out east to visit my family this summer. A quick way to get some of the pictures and memories down on paper, in case I don't get around to making full pages on all of the topics. As always, click on the images for a larger view.




A technique that I used repeatedly in this album was spritzing the cream coloured pages with glimmer mist in "Tattered Leather". I sprayed in uneven coats to make it look a little more weathered. This particular colour isn't really shimmery like some, so it worked out well with the papers from the kit.


Um, yeah - the size comparisons of a moose vs. a car on those warning signs? NOT an exaggeration. We saw a lot of these warning signs. Don't mess with a moose - the moose always wins.


Is it just a Canadian thing to see wacky 'folk art' at all the pit stops?


Love my Ray-Bans...


I can't believe how blessed we are to have such good travelers for kids. It's a 14-hour trip and they were awesome.


Tim Horton's coffee is dreck. But at least it kept me from falling asleep at the wheel. I think there might actually be more Timmies along the Trans Canada than gas stations.


Hey, if I'm doing all the driving, the least he can do is pump the gas... :P


I'll show the rest of the album in another post.

Most of the supplies were from the September kit. I added a few things from my stash:

small chipboard letters - Heidi Swapp
small letter stickers - My Little Shoebox
transparent embellishments - Little Yellow Bicycle
grungeboard - Tim Holtz
ink - Ranger, StazOn
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels
markers - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner, American Crafts Slick Writer
plus a few random brads and buttons

1 comment:

Kaytee said...

That's a fun album!! Looks like it was a fun road trip too!