Today I wanted to share an altered tissue-box cover I made for my son's room. This features papers and die cuts from Ruby Rock-it, and was part of my design team application.
I started with mists and a little acrylic paint to get the base colour on the wood box, then I started layering a little bit of old book paper with patterned paper (using gel medium as an adhesive).
The die-cut borders from the Paper Boy collection made it easy to embellish the box. I also die-cut some of the patterned papers using a Spellbinders set of gears.
This project went together so quick that I want to do one for my daughter now. Thanks for visiting!
Supplies (Ruby Rock-it):
PP, die cut borders - Bella! Paper Boy collection
wooden tissue box cover - DeSerres
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels
acrylic paint - Decoart
gel medium - Liquitex
other - old book paper