Sunday, November 6, 2011

La Magie des Lanterns - Tattered Angels


This is my third layout using the Bold Brights Paint System from Tattered Angels. This time, I wanted to show this bright paint system with brightly coloured photos.

I wanted to mist the background with the Teal High Heel chalkboard, but I didn’t want the intense opaque colour, so I misted the paper with water first, then gave it a good dose of the Chalkboard, and immediately blotted with a towel and brayer. The water allows the Chalkboard mist to ‘float’ briefly, allowing you to get this mottled effect if you blot right away.


I stamped the pink dots pattern using Pink Lipstick glimmer glam.


I painted these older Heidi Swapp resist letters with the Meadow Green glimmer mist. Even though there was already some black printing on the patterned paper, I added some stamping with the asian characters.


The Love My Tapes lace was misted with Meadow Green glimmer mist.


I forgot to photograph the journaling, but it simply states these photos were taken at the Montreal Botanical Gardens in 2009.

Supplies (Tattered Angels):
Bold Brights Paint System, also available individually:
Glimmer mist - Meadow Green
Chalkboard mist - Teal High Heel
Glimmer Glam - Pink Lipstick
Glimmer Glaze - Shy Violet

Other Supplies:
PP - Studio2mers, Pink Paislee
stamps - Kaisercraft, Pink Paislee
letters - Heidi Swapp, Lily Bee
lace - Love My Tapes (15mm LT2003)
ink - StazOn, Ranger
markers - Faber-Castell PITT pen, Staedtler pigment liner 0.05

1 comment:

Emily D. said...

Wow... the colors are so bright and bold!! I LOVE it!!!! It's all so fun and works with the brightly colored photos in the layout! I adore how you did the letters for the title.... I will have to try this. I wish our botanical gardens did something like that one!! That looks awesome!