Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Copper Gears card

For my final metal project for Tattered Angels, I made a card. I started out with metal ductwork tape, and adhered it to plain cardstock, then embossed it. I distressed the edges of the papers with Glimmer Mist in “Tattered Leather“.

I coated the metal with Glimmer Glaze in “Penny Loafer“. I love the coppery look it gives!


I painted the flowers with layers of “Mint Chocolate Chip” Chalkboard Mist, and “Dragonfly” Glimmer Mist. The butterfly and brads were coated with more of the “Penny Loafer” Glimmer Glaze.


The lock & key were coated with “Oil Slick” Glimmer Glaze.


Supplies (Tattered Angels):
Glimmer Glaze - Penny Loafer
Glimmer Mist - Dragonfly, Tattered Leather
Chalkboard Mist - Mint Chocolate Chip

Other Supplies:
CS - Bazzill
PP - Graphic 45
flowers, lace - Prima Marketing
die cuts - Tim Holtz
other - shrink plastic, metal ductwork tape, brads

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wow, JJ! I'd never have imagined this was made with Duck Tape, if you hadn't said so.. It looks like that craft metal you can buy in sheets. It's gorgeous!
I love the combination of coppery and silvery metals, with the teal and turquoise of the flowers.
What a lovely card!

Stephanie Medley-Rath said...

Neat! This look isn't usually my style, but the card is really beautiful. Found you through BFS.