Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Altered Jeans - Tattered Angels


My first crafty love was textiles, so when I found out that, at Tattered Angels, our focus for March would be fabric, my biggest problem was narrowing down the choices! I decided to start with denim.

For my first project, I upcycled a pair of old jeans into a totebag. I love the way the mists, and especially the Glimmer Glam look on denim. The straps and back pocket were misted in Polka Dot Pink Chalkboard mist.


The bricks were masked in Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist.


I stamped with Glimmer Glam in Golden Goddess, Peach Bellini, Organic Garden and Chandelier.


I also painted Chandelier in various areas for a little more bling – it’s the perfect top coat on denim!

After the Glimmer Glam was dry, I added Glimmer Mist in gradations of Popsicle, Pink Bubblegum, Delphinium, Patina, Dragonfly, Lucky, Tiger Lily and Tuscan Sun. Can you tell I love colour? :)


Supplies (Tattered Angels):
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Leather, Popsicle, Pink Bubblegum, Delphinium, Patina, Dragonfly, Lucky, Tiger Lily, Tuscan Sun
Chalkboard Mist - Polka Dot Pink
Glimmer Glam - Golden Goddess, Peach Bellini, Organic Garden, Chandelier

Other Supplies:
stencils/masks - Prima Marketing, The Crafter's Workshop
other - old jeans & lace

4 comments:

MonicaB said...

This is just too darn cute! Wonderful job altering those jeans. Stopped by from BFS class.

Cheri said...

What a gorgeous project!

Janet's Joy said...

Well that is just awesome!

reneecorps said...

I love this idea. The sprays look wonderful, and it's such a fabulous idea for old jeans. Thank you!!