Monday, October 26, 2009

La Belle Petite Chouette de Papa


This is the last layout that I did with the October kit from Crazy Daisy Kits. I hope you managed to snag one for yourself. The title of this layout translates roughly to "Papa's pretty little Owl". I know, it sounds funny in English, but trust me, it's a sweet term of endearment in French. It's what my husband always calls our baby girl. (He's really quite smitten).

Now, something you need to understand about the French language, is that there are two words for 'Owl' - Chouette and Hibou. They are for two different types of owls. There are tons of great scrappy products with Hibou, but Chouette are truly rare to find in scrappy things, so I was tickled pink to get this Chouette stamp in this month's kit - I think I squealed out loud!


The kit included a lovely chipboard frame, but I just couldn't find a good spot for it on my layouts this time around (ha- you watch, next month I'll be wishing I still had a frame, LOL!) I cut part of the frame to add to the top corner on my layout.


I found that I was having a hard time seeing the letters in the title against this busy background, so before they were stuck down for good, I removed them and painted a little bit of white acrylic, and then replaced the letters. So much easier to read.


Supplies (from kit):
PP - Making Memories, 3 Bugs in a Rug, Chatterbox
lace cardstock, chipboard letters - Chatterbox
stamp - Prima
metal tag - Tim Holtz
gems & brads - 7 gypsies, Chatterbox
other - ribbon

Other supplies:
kraft cardstock - Prism
stick pin - Maya Road
small letter stickers - Rose Moka
ink - Ranger
white paint - Folk Art
white pen - Uniball Signo

1 comment:

Fleur-de-Lys said...

Really nice dear !

I got Rhys a shirt today. It was just too cute, I couldn't resist. I'll bring it next time I see you :)