Monday, November 5, 2012

Home for Christmas Art Journal page - Susan k Weckesser


I wanted to share my first 'official' project as a DT member for Susan K Weckesser.   I decided to make an art journal page (partly because I had a new journal begging for some attention, and partially because Susan designs super cute stamps).

The background was made with Dylusions spray inks.  The awesomely opaque white marker is from Zig / Kuretake. I want this marker in every colour!


I made my own 'washi tape' with the washi tape stamps, by stamping on tissue paper, then tearing it and adhering like it was tape.  It's a fun way to use these stamps, and I can see me using this technique again.


I wanted to use this cute house stamp  as a collage element, so I stamped it on white cardstock, coloured it, and then cut it out and glued it to my page.  I did the same with the cloud stamp.


I used the "Splatter it" stamp and the banner from the "Create your Day" set as texture stamps in the background.   The funky letters are old-as-dirt rub-ons from Doodlebug, but they still work great!



Thanks for visiting!

Supplies (Susan K Weckesser):
Susan K Weckesser stencil (produced by The Crafters Workshop)

Other supplies:
journal - Ranger
spray inks - Dylusions
stamping ink - StazOn
markers - Zig / Kuretake (Zig Art & Graphic marker, Zig Writer, Zig Opaque Writer, Zig Calligraphy Metallic)
rub-on letters - Doodlebug
Smooch ink

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the house, the stars and the flakes!!!!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Love this!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great page, JJ... love all the layers of color and stamping.