Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Unsure" - Authentique October Sketch challenge


Have you seen this month's sketch challenge over at the Authentique blog?  This is my take on the layout sketch (there's a card variation, as well).  We'd love it if you'd pop on over and share your version of the sketch(es).  Plus, you get entered in the random draw for an Authentique prize pack.


I used Zap Dots to pop up the journaling sticker, and clustered a few more stickers around it.  The title was mounted on solid cardstock, then I cut around it and popped it as well, to make it stand out more.


The swirls in the sketch made me think of winter winds, so I tried to capture that feeling with the burlap twine (May Arts).   I wanted to do something different with the word stickers, so I scattered a few around the page, inside and outside the swirls.


I finally had a great excuse to use these Dusty Attic chipboard snowflakes  First I primed them with gesso, then I tapped a green inkpad on them lightly (just enough to leave a hint of green to match the papers).  Then I sprayed with Shimmer Mist (Imagine Crafts).  It made the green ink blend, and gave the snowflakes a terrific shimmer.  (So hard to capture the shimmer in photos!)


Thanks for visiting - and thank you May Arts and Imagine Crafts for all the goodies you sent to the Authentique team!

Supplies (Authentique "Peaceful" collection):
PP - Chill, Frost, Cozy
elements stickers
details stickers

Other Supplies:
flowers - Petaloo
chipboard snowflakes - Dusty Attic
twisted burlap twine - May Arts
ink, mist - Imagine Crafts (Sheer Shimmer "Sparkle" mist, Memento "Bamboo Leaves", "Olive" inks)
gesso - DeSerres
marker - Faber-Castell




2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Cindy Gay said...

Isn't this pretty! Lovely winter layout.