Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Balloon" - Susan K Weckesser, Helmar, and some good news


My daughter's first birthday - yup, I'm still scrapping photos.  Hey - it was a big day, LOL!  But I couldn't resist using these whimsical papers with pictures of my little princess.

I added a little bit of stenciling to the background, using Distress Ink.  Dimensional adhesive like Zap Dots can add a little extra oomph to punched shapes, like these clouds:


I used Professional Acid Free glue for all the papers and photos, and 450 Quick Dry for the chunky embellishments. 


I used clear Robin's Nest tear drops and mini-dew drops, and Gemstone Glue was perfect for these tricky-to-glue embellishments.




And now for my news - I've joined the first design team for Susan K Weckesser Inc.  You can see the full announcement Here.  The timing is good, as I've recently finished a couple of commitments, and my term with Ruby Rock-it will be over in a month.  I'm excited to get to work with a Canadian designer - this is something that I've wanted for a long time.  :)

Supplies:
PP - Susan K Weckesser, Basic Grey (background)
letters - American Crafts
flowers - Petaloo
flair - Evalicious
chipboard dressform - Maya Road
dew drops, tear drops - The Robin's Nest
washi tape - Renaud Bray
markers - Faber-Castell PITT pen
ink - Ranger
stencils - Prima, Studio Calico

Helmar Adhesives (if your LSS doesn't stock Helmar yet, you can find it online here):
450 Quick Dry
Gemstone Glue
Professional Acid Free Glue
Zap Dots

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your lo is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee the photos and those clouds!! And CONGRATS on the DT!! That is AWESOME!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Gorgeous layout as always!!

Lee-Anne said...

Gorgeous layout! Congrats on making Susan's team! She is such a sweet lady. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you create on this new design team.