Monday, January 16, 2012

It's Not a Dinosaur! - Love My Tapes


 I created this layout for Love My Tapes, to showcase how well the tapes work on 'boy' pages.  I love how this turned out.  I've scrapped these photos before, and I was never satisfied with the outcome.  Now I'm happy.  ;)

See - you CAN use lace on boy pages.  Being 'chose-y' helps.  :)


Don't worry - I'm not coming over to the dark side of banners...  it's just what 'worked' here.   I do think it was kind fun to try it once...


The wood shapes from Studio Calico were a good, neutral match for the tapes - I want to use these again.


I added a die-cut piece of fabric from the 'anchors' fabric sheet.  And the ink splats were just for fun.


Supplies (Love My Tapes):
fabric tape - blue stripe (FT020 Silverton), red stripe (FT020 Royal), Olivia (FT007), Jane (FT011), Chocolate mini-check (FT015)Mix mini-check (FT018)
lace tape - 17mm beige (LT2004)
fabric sheet - anchor on beige

Other Supplies:
PP - Basic Grey
letter stickers - October Afternoon (lg), Cosmo Cricket (sm)
wood embellishments - Studio Calico
acrylic ink - Liquitex
ink - Ranger
marker - Faber-Castell PITT pen
other - paper-wrapped wire

5 comments:

Erin Morehouse said...

AHH! Go to the dark side...do it! (I'll follow I swear)The banner is FANTASTIC!!

Tessa said...

Great page!!
Love the "wise" words :-) LOL

xx Tessa

Melissa Bi. said...

Love this! Nice layering and cute banner.

Di Garling said...

Super cute JJ. Cheers Di xo

Martha Richardson said...

Great LO...love everything about it...including the banner ;)