Monday, December 12, 2011

First Grade


This was my last layout for Sketchabilities. Thanks for all the great sketches Karan!

I love the zipper trims that are popping up in scrap supplies lately. It kinda gives me permission to dig in my sewing box and pull some out. It's certainly easier than inserting them in a dress seam, ha ha!


It's fun to 'sprinkle' brad and small chipboard around a page.


I wanted some burgundy paper behind the photo, so I layered a couple of journaling spots - who says you have to use them for just journaling?


I placed the letters on a lighter patterned paper and cut around it, so it would stand out a little more from the background. Then I added a rub-on crown for my little prince. ;)


Supplies:
PP, chipboard, letters, stickers, zipper trim, brads, rub-ons - Bo Bunny
ink - Ranger
marker - Faber-Castell

4 comments:

Monique said...

Love this LO!! All the details are just perfect!!!

Emily D. said...

The colors of this are awesome!!! Great layout JJ!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Great design and elements on the beautiful background paper. Gotta love the stars!

Di Garling said...

Fab boy layout JJ & I do love that zipper. I might have to borrow that idea some day!!! Cheers Di xx