Friday, December 23, 2011

Bagels - Ruby Rock-it


Hi everyone. I know many of you are scrambling around with last-minute Christmas details (I am too, at this point - I love that I can prepare blog posts in advance, ha!). I wanted to show a layout featuring one of my favorite little Christmas morning traditions. We always bring fresh Montreal bagels back east to have on Christmas morning, with cream cheese and smoked salmon - Yum!

This layout features products from the Ruby Rock-it Paper Doll and Paper Boy collections (since these photos include both my boy and my doll) ;) These collections mix well together.

I love that the chipboard shapes and felt icons are just the right thickness for layering!


Whenever I feel my titles need a little boost, I outline them with a marker, and it usually does the trick.

I am not normally drawn to word stickers, but I found the perfect words in the sticker sheet for this collection, so why not? (I added a few ink splats with acrylic ink, too - just for fun).


You can kinda see that I outlined the banner border with a marker too. I find that helps give a little more definition to stickers. I'm not a banner person - anyone who scraps with me regularly will know that. But it somehow works here.



Supplies (Ruby Rock-it):
PP - PD12- Paper Doll 12x12 Cardstock - Nostalgic
PD67- Paper Doll 12x12 Cardstock - Collage
PD99- Paper Doll 12x12 Cardstock - Dotti
PBY80- Paper Boy 12x12 Cardstock - 4X4
embellishments -
PD04- Paper Doll Cardstock Sticker
PD28- Paper Doll Floral Accents
PD35- Paper Doll Felt Icons
PD59- Paper Doll Border Sticker
chipboard letters - PD42- Paper Doll Chipboard Alphabet
ribbon - PBY89- Paper Boy Ribbon

Other Supplies:
ink - Ranger
acrylic ink - Liquitex
markers - Faber-Castell, Staedtler

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout! I also outline the letters in the title when I feel they need a little help. I don;t think I ever did that with the stickers. Love how it turned out!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Happiest of Holidays to you JJ.

Claude said...

It looks great, so fun! I love the title letters.

The kids never wanted to try the smoked salmon before, they just eat the bagels and cream cheese, but I have a feeling it'll change for Kira since she now eats sushi :)