Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bagels - Tattered Angels & Pink Paislee




Here's another page I did for Tattered Angels featuring the Pink Paislee "Daily Junque" collection. This time I misted the background paper with Aquamarine and Dark Denim glimmer mists. I used glimmer screens from the Tattered Traveler and Mementos collections, as well as a letter stencil I had on hand. You can still use stencils with patterned paper – it doesn’t always require a solid background - you can get fun effects when the pattern shows through.

Instead of inking the edges of my papers, I painted the edges with Pewter glimmer glaze.



For the title, I painted wood Pink Paislee letters with Organic Garden glimmer glam, and backed it with a Pink Paislee artisan element (misted with Dark Denim glimmer mist). Again, impatience and a heat gun got me an unexpected effect – the glam bubbled a little. Since I like grungy and distressed, I’m OK with that.



I painted some Pink Paislee artisan tape with Pewter glimmer glaze. Organic Garden glimmer glam was used on several pieces of Pink Paislee artisan elements. This is a great way to make older embellishments work with new paper collections. I was impatient for the glaze to dry, so I used a heat gun and it created a crackle effect on the tape – which I loved! (If left to air dry it didn’t crackle).



This Pink Paislee stamp was just the right size for my limited journaling on this page.

Supplies (Tattered Angels):
Glimmer Mist - Dark Denim, Aquamarine
Glimmer Glam - Organic Garden
Glimmer Glaze - Pewter
glimmer screens - Tattered Traveler, Mementos collections

Other Supplies:
PP, letters, artisan elements, artisan tape, stamps - Pink Paislee
ink - StazOn
marker - Faber-Castell PITT pen
other - letter stencil, clock mask created with a Tim Holtz die cut

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is just gorgeous!!!