Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cards - Snobby Walrus September kit


With all the papers and embellishments in the September kit from Snobby Walrus Paper Crafts, I had plenty left for cards (or more layouts...). BTW - this kit had sold out in pre-orders & subscriptions, and they've just restocked a very limited amount of additional kits - get it while you can, because they will soon be gone.

This first card features flowers punched from the packaging from the Prima flowers. The journaling tag was also included in the kit, and even though I loved it, I just couldn't make it work with the themes of my layouts, so I had to include it here (can't let scrappy goodness go to waste!)


As my friend Erin pointed out, this tea-cup was begging to be cut out and used somewhere. I love the little tea bag tag. ;)


After I took the first picture, I went back and added glossy accents to the tea cup - I couldn't resist!


For this card I punched butterflies from the My Mind's Eye paper and from the Prima packaging. I included another of the yummy journaling tags on this, as well as a test snippet of the lace coated with Glimmer Glam. (It worked perfectly, but it wasn't the look I wanted for the whole card.)


I got to use up more of the great cut off strips from the Sassafras Lass papers on these cards, which made me happy. They were too cute to just toss in the recycle bin.


Supplies (from Snobby Walrus September kit):
PP - Sassafras Lass, My Mind's Eye, Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon, Onirie
letters - October Afternoon
journal tags - Keri Babbitt
lace - Prima Marketing
blue flowers, blue butterfly - punched from Prima packaging
butterflies - Jenni Bowlin

Other Supplies:
dew drops - Stamping Bella
tiny white flowers - Prima Marketing
pearls - Kaisercraft (coloured with a Copic marker)
ink - Ranger

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Gorgeous cards, JJ!! Love the glossed up tea cup!! Awesome idea, using the Prima packaging for flowers!

Ilene said...

Wow, awesome cards! You did such a great job with the kit!! I really had fun with the September kit, but I gotta say, I REALLY can't wait to get my hands on the October kit - it looks like it'll be one of my faves!

Tracey Taylor said...

Saw your name in lights on the Glue Dots list! :) HUGE congrats!

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful cards JJ- love the glossy accents on the tea cup!

Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

gorgeous JJ, I am totally jealous of your cards. :)