Sunday, May 18, 2008

Prince Caspian



C.S. Lewis has long been my favourite author. I’ve seen several screen adaptations of his books over the years, and been completely disappointed each time. Not so anymore.

These new versions (from Walden Media) that are in production now are making this fan very happy. I'm sure that a large part of this new-found sastifaction stems from the fact that Douglas Gresham (C.S. Lewis' stepson) is co-producer, and a fan of the books. I loved “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” and now I also love the new “Prince Caspian”.

My friend Laurie and I went to see “Prince Caspian” today, which was nice, because I don’t get out to the movies very much any more, especially with a friend. The movie was so well done, and even though it strayed from the book in parts, it didn’t do the book a disservice. I loved it. Thank you Hollywood for finally getting it right!

1 comment:

Claude said...

Can you believe i have never read the Narnia books?!